Wednesday, June 27, 2012

What and How I Read, 2.0

I first published a post about this some time ago. As I stated, the way I read was liable to change. Recently, due to the start of the summer and having more time on my hands, it has. Again, I read according to a list of categories (some have sub-categories) to read from each week. This can get quite complicated, so I'll try to keep things as simple as possible.

The List:
(When I finish longer works, I read a shorter one before moving on to another longer work. For example, after having read The Metamorphosis, I'm reading Poe's "Fall of the House of Usher" before moving on to HHGG. I also sometimes substitute articles for reading a chapter of something on the list. So if I read a lot of articles a certain week about writing, I'd save myself the time of having to read a chapter of Craft & Business.

So, that's about seven chapters a week, at least. I usually read more chapters after I'm done with the minimal requirements of the list. I also use Instapaper 1/wk to read all the articles I come across or get emailed that I don't have the time at the moment to read. Also, to stay current, I read articles on Google Reader or Google News every week.

This is how I get to read a little of everything that I think is important or interesting. It works for me. For now. It's still liable to change. As am I.)

No comments:

Post a Comment