Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Why I Blog

It has occurred to me that I have yet to explain why I blog. (Although I did post an introduction as my first post sort of explaining.) Seeing as I have already published some twenty-something posts, now would seem to be a good time to do so.

I blog to promote myself as a writer. I exist. Hello. My name is James Noguera. I write fiction. And poetry. And non-fiction, too, at times. Look at me! Look at me!

Everyone knows how essential promotion is for a writer. So I do what I must. Not that anyone is pulling my arm. I enjoy putting myself "out there" and hearing (or reading) what people have to say. However, don't expect me to bop you over the head with ads or promos. That's annoying. Other writers who that, in the words of WilsonTech1: stop it! Not cool. You know who you are.

Of course, I'll let you know when my books and other publications come out. Just a few times. As long as you promise to tell your friends how awesome I am. Or just send me cash. The more you send, the less I'll have to work and the more I'll be able to write. Win-win.

I blog to share my ideas and thoughts. If I didn't, I'd go mad. I like having a soundboard. I have opinions, you know. And I'm interesting. Look at me! Look at me!

Every now and then, I like to take a brief stint written in my diary and develop it into a (hopefully) thoughtful post on the topic. I'll even do a bit of research. So you can simply sit back (or stand up on the train with your smartphone in front of your face so that you don't make eye contact with that guy who keeps staring at you) and relax. What kind of thoughtful posts, you ask? Well, I've written about such nerdy topics as a possible time travel paradox and the socialization effect of the media. Pure speculation.

I blog to connect with others (writers and fans). I want to connect with you. Yes, you! I want to read what you have to say, what you think about the things I write about - or the things you write about if that's the case. Write me an email, tweet me, post a comment on this blog (maybe to this post!), or message me on Facebook or Google+. I try to provide various avenues for you, the literate community, the writers and fans, to connect with me. I'm not aloof. Look at me! Look at me!

No comments:

Post a Comment